Learn how to connect Spotify and Shazam, so you never forget to add a song to your playlist ever again.
If you’re into music like most of us are, you probably have Shazam on your phone. In fact, you probably use it often to find music playing around you. Fortunately, Shazam keeps your history, so you can go back and listen to your tracks anytime.
But another amazing perk of having Shazam is the ability to use it with your streaming app, like Apple Music and Spotify, where you already listen to all your favorite music. This article will cover how to use Shazam with Spotify.
How to Connect Spotify and Shazam
If you have Spotify, it’s a good idea to connect it to Shazam, so you can enjoy your Shazam tracks. It doesn’t make sense to listen to your Shazams on one platform and all your other music on another.
Here’s how to connect to Spotify on Shazam:
- Open Shazam on your phone.
- On iPhone or iPad, swipe up to reveal the Settings icon. On Android, swipe left to the Library from the main screen.
- Tap Settings in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Now tap Connect next to Spotify.
- If you’re currently connected to Apple Music, Shazam will show you a pop-up message explaining that connecting to Spotify will disconnect Shazam from Apple Music. Tap Connect to Spotify.
- Tap Open on the next prompt.
- Shazam will now ask you to authorize it to access Spotify on your behalf. Read the terms and tap Agree.
How to Sync Your Shazams to Spotify
This essential step will allow you to access and listen to your Shazam playlist on the Spotify app. The process is similar to that of syncing your Shazams with Apple Music.
Here’s how to sync your Shazams to Spotify:
- After connecting Shazam to Spotify, Shazam will show you a pop-up message asking you to sync. Tap the OK button. If you don’t immediately receive the prompt, try opening one of your Shazams after connecting both apps.
- The “My Shazam Tracks” playlist is now created in the Spotify app.
Shazam isn’t the only music recognition app on the market, but it is one of the most accurate apps for finding songs. And it’s also the most popular. That’s why people often point you to Shazam when asking for details of a song that’s playing around you.
How to Listen to Your Shazams on Spotify
Now that you’ve connected and synced Shazam to Spotify, you can stream your Shazam tracks in two ways—directly from Shazam and through the “My Shazam Tracks” playlist on Spotify.
How to Quickly Play a Shazam on Spotify
This method allows you to stream a full song on Spotify via the Shazam app.
- Open Shazam
- On iPhone, swipe up to go to your music history. On Android, tap Library in the top right corner of your screen.
- Tap the song you want to listen to.
- Now tap the Spotify button.
- If you receive a prompt that says Shazam wants to open Spotify, tap Open.
How to Find Your Shazams on Spotify
This method allows you to stream your full Shazam playlist on Spotify, even if you’re using Spotify’s free version.
- Open the Spotify app on your phone.
- Tap Your Library at the bottom of the screen.
- Now tap Playlists in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap the My Shazam Tracks playlist.
There’s so much more to explore in the world of Spotify, like these useful Spotify tips and tricks every user should know.
Enjoy Your Shazams on Spotify
Nowadays, there are so many ways to enjoy music on your phone. Unlike some music streaming services, Spotify allows you to enjoy your favorite music and discover new sounds—even without a paid subscription.
And when you connect Shazam to Spotify, you can easily find and stream the music you’ve recently discovered. This allows you to consolidate your music streaming to avoid using multiple apps for the same purpose.