Searching for a word is much more time-effective than scrolling for something in particular.
When you’re looking for a specific phrase or word on a web page, the last thing you want to do is go through the entire page for that word. Searching for a word on a web page is a great way to save time.
In this article, you’ll find instructions on how to search for words on a web page.
How to Search For a Word Using Keyboard Shortcuts
Finding a word on a web page is a simple process. If you want to search for a specific word, you can perform this task using your keyboard shortcuts. To access your search shortcuts, here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the web page you want to search through.
- Use the Control + F keywords on your PC, or Command + F on Mac.
- The find bar will show up in the top-right corner or at the bottom of your screen.
- Enter the word you want to search, and the word will be highlighted across the web page.
You can also search for a word on a web page by navigating through your browser’s application menu. Luckily, even if you change your default search engine, you don’t have to worry because the settings are very similar across browsers. To do this, follow these instructions:
- In the top-right corner of your browser screen, click on the browser menu in the form of three dots or three stacked lines.
- On the menu, go to Find on Chrome or Find in page on Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
- Conduct your word search and notice the words highlighted across the page.
Using Your Browser Effectively
When you’re working on your browser, it’s important that you learn how to use your time effectively. Fortunately, some features in your browser are just a simple setting or keyword shortcut away.
The instructions above will allow you to quickly search for a word on a web page, and if you’re looking for other time-effective ways to browse, there are plenty of other hacks you can use.